Heavy duty chain conveyor
Delivery period: March 2012
The client: MFL – Maschinenfabrik Liezen und Gießerei
The internationally operating MFL – Maschinenfabrik Liezen und Gießerei Ges.m.b.H. – is specialized in engineering, design and manufacturing of complex machines and plants. Special components and assemblies as well as steel castings complete the service portfolio. MFL was founded over 70 years ago at the Liezen site in Styria. Today the company employs almost 1,000 people. Under the motto “Perfection in all Areas” it offers its customers a perfect foundation for reliable engineering, customized production and precise project implementation.
MFL commissioned us to build a free-standing heavy-duty chain conveyor. This was to transport various solid steel profiles with different lengths and cross-sections. And thus create a larger stock of material for the downstream saw. At the same time operating personnel was to be saved and personnel costs reduced.
The challenge was there:
- to consider that the task should be carried out by crane or manually
- to integrate the new solution into the existing acceptance facility
- to develop a weatherproof solution for outdoor operational areas, which is reliable even at temperatures of -10 to +35 °C and a humidity of max. 95%.
- to design the conveyor system for a total load of up to 34,000 kg
- Conveying Elements: Strand conveyor
- Convey Goods: Round and square solid steel profiles
- Industry: Mechanical engineering